At this time of year, I love to crochet. It keeps me sitting still and not rushing, rushing, rushing. It’s also just something that I enjoy doing period. Just calms me. And trust meh, I need that at times.
I thought I would make this blog post though, to advertise at this time of year (when I share it) to see if anyone would like a homemade gift to share. OR for you to purchase for yourself. This is so I can do what I like and you can get a gift!
The cost for any project would be the cost of yarn & shipping + $10-$20 labor. Labor costs* depend on the project size, yarn I use, time it takes, etc.
*The cost will be also worked out depending on on you, me, where you live, etc. So if you can’t afford much, then I’ll work with you, try to find the lowest price for you. (With yarn cost, usually I do anyway.)
These are the types of yarn I personally enjoy:
- Lion Brand Homespun (Can be expensive, changes prices depending on color, etc.)
- Caron United
- Caron Simply Soft
- Lion Brand Jamie Yarn
I like those yarns because they are very soft.
Things I have made, and can make:
- Hat and scarf set (week or two, depending on my schedule)
- Dog blanket (perhaps a month’s time to make)
- Throw/Afghan/Blanket (blanket would take a long time, be aware of that – two or more months)
- Cat blanket (same as dog blanket, but also depends on the stitch and what I do)
Things I’m going to attempt to do in time and will add to this post if I do:
- Cardigans (hooded, especially)
- Hand warmers