Today I didn’t get as many words as I would’ve liked. I’m still happy – anything is something! – about it though. I retraced my steps, tried to work out a few things, and then ended up deleting paragraphs so I could just rewrite them instead of trying to work them out. Made it easier, but it did set me back on words. That’s fine. Not every day is all peachy.
On Daughter of the Red Planet I am going through my final read through. I have to reach page 158 today – did it! – and then 237 tomorrow, and finally finish so I can get it out of my hands by Friday. I know I said I’d like it done by the end of the month, but those extra few days it would give me by finishing early, is something I’d like. Trust me, they won’t go to waste. It just helps in case Jeanie has something come up where she takes longer, or there is something large that I have to fix when she sends it back.
And if the editing is okay, then that means I have a few extra days of getting more of the back log done. Let’s just face it, like laundry, there is always more and more to do. So since I did officially pass (ten minutes ago) the mark for today, I’m crossing fingers I can tomorrow and then Friday. I’m certain my eyes are oozing at this point. 🙂
Also regarding DotRP, I’ve been working on a poster that is mentioned in the beginning. I was having a heck of a time trying to come up with language ideas. And then I asked Facebook and got those – to which I thank the people here – worked out. Then I needed a third. I mentioned three in the book, figured I’d keep it. I was going to go with Latin, but then I had the best idea! Morse code. So I’m gonna feature Morse code as much as I can in my designs for anything to do with this series since that makes a great future language. Or way to communicate.
Word count I started the day with: 40,724
Word count I ended the day with: 41,208
Total for the day: 484 words