Over the weekend, I played a lot with my site. If you’ve popped over here for the past week, you’ve noticed the color changes, the font changes, and watched me play. I’ve done it with my newsletter too. I have to actually “wear” a change for a few days before I decide if it’s a keeper or not and it’s difficult to do changes because I’m constantly back and forth. Before I settled on the gold, white, black theme that I had in the past, I went through a lot of changes then too.
So right now, I’m trying out a burgundy, black, and white atmosphere. I’ve removed the black background from the main site and switched up the widgets on my homepage. I’m trying to bring focus to my books, but also this blog at once. I know, every website designer and marketer would say, don’t do that, choose one focus. Welllllllllll, sorry. I am not that person. I’m different and I need to show my difference. My difference is just that too. I don’t do things like anyone else. I can’t follow in the footsteps of other people and decide that it’s a fit for me. I am original, I’m complicated, and I’m constantly back and forth on what I like and don’t like. It’s just me. So focusing on both my blog and my novels on the homepage is what I’m finding a balance with. My readers of both are both important to me, not marketing to a perfect person. I write my books for me, I write my blog for us both. So as far as I’m concerned, they are both important.
The comments I’m back and forth on. I like the disqus system, but I know some don’t. I think I’ll wait until I get a lot of traffic before implementing the disqus system, but I’ll see.
I uploaded some videos over the weekend on my YouTube channel of the pets. More are coming, but you’re welcome to check them out.
Today I received the flea treatment I was talking about last week. It’s not Avecta, but Advecta. I kept calling it Avecta. So later tonight I’ll be trying out this one. I am crossing my fingers that it does well for the pup pups.
I decided that I’m going to update the DI (Dark Illusions) series covers. Those plain ones I am currently using were the ones I used when I changed to Kim Iverson. I just needed new covers to put something up with my name, I didn’t do much with them. I’m not making anything new per se, I already have but those are being reserved now for the revised books. If you weren’t reading back then, I plan to go through the three in the series, read and revise. The story won’t change dramatically. I wouldn’t change the soul of it, but I do plan to see if there are more details to include. I will have the chance for all the people who currently own the book to get a coupon and download the new edition for free provided you are on my newsletter. I won’t send that coupon out to anyone else.
What I will do with the covers is take the ones I had up back when I used Ariana Browning, and revamp them, update, then add my name. I have them mostly finished right now. Everything is the same but for the font I used for the name and titles. Same with the font color, but I really did enjoy the graphics, so I won’t change those. 🙂 I think the last two covers were the first covers the books had. I don’t think I actually changed those. I’m just gonna give the old ones a face lift and use them for a bit. I’ve always gone after the thriller angle, so I’m gonna try adding a bit of romance into them.
As I work on Anora, I’m discovering new ideas forming. This is where things get interesting. Before I was writing with an idea in mind, now I’m discovering as I go. Lemme think here . . . yeah, no, I can’t think of anything that I have focused on for where I want the book to go from here on in. Blazing a trail now. :p
Word count I started the day with: 22,152
Word count I ended the day with: 23,114
Total for the day: 962 words
Current Book I’m Reading –
A Dance with Dragons – George R.R. Martin